In President Obama’s Weekly address he brings jobs for veterans to the nation’s attention. He talks about a jobs bill that passed in the Senate and is going on to the House that focuses on helping veterans find jobs. With America withdrawing from Iraq and Afghanistan by the end of the year, over the next few years over a million veterans will be entering the job market. The bill encourages private companies to hire or train veterans with tax incentives.
You may also like
Planning for a new job? Well, there’s a lot more you should think about then just getting a high salary. Salary is important but shouldn’t be the only deciding factor for you to accept a job offer. Your paycheck might...
Gone are the days of salarymen and women who join and retire at the same company after 40 years; retaining today’s generation of talent over the long term is much more difficult. Employers in 2019, 2020 and beyond are...
Getting a “thanks, but no thanks” from a company you were hoping to work for is never an easy thing to receive. It can make some jobseekers bitter or indignant, which is understandable. However, there are many instances...
- 5 Steps To Help You Find And Land Your First Job
- Coming Back from a Layoff
- 10 Things to Consider Before Accepting a New Job
- 6 Resume Writing Tips for a Career Change Within Education
- How Will Employers Enhance Benefits in 2019?
- 5 Great Tips for Building a Spectacular Resume
- 6 Easy Ways to Maximize Your Workspace and Productivity
- 4 Common Video Interview Mistakes (And How to Fix Them!)
- Alternative Ways to Reach Your Career Goals