This infographic from Master-Degree-Online.com displays a variety of statistics related to income, education, employment, and more. Here’s a quick summary of the stats we find most intriguing:
Top Ten Highest Paying Jobs (Avg. Annual Salary)
- Surgeon ($225, 390)
- Anesthesiologist ($220, 100)
- Chief Executive Officer ($173, 350)
- Dentist ($158, 770)
- Lawyer ($129, 440)
- Natural Science Manager ($129, 320)
- Petroleum Engineer ($127, 970)
- Architectural and Engineering Manager ($125, 900)
- Computer and Information Systems Manager ($123, 280)
- Marketing Manager ($122, 720)
Stay in School!
The median salary of an individual with a Bachelor’s Degree is TWICE the median salary of a high school dropout. An individual with a Bachelor’s Degree is also about 30% more likely to be employed.
8 out of the top 10 majors with the highest median earnings were Engineering majors (Petroleum, Aerospace, Chemical, Electrical, Naval Architecture and Marine, Mechanical, Metallurgical, Mining and Mineral.)
SOURCE: Online Masters Degrees