CNN’s Athena Jones reports on one single mother’s struggle to find a job in the Holland, Michigan, area. Hope McCoy lost her job as an engineer, then took a job for half the pay, only to get laid off.
You may also like
How Will Employers Enhance Benefits in 2019?
Gone are the days of salarymen and women who join and retire at the same company after 40 years; retaining today’s generation of talent over the long term is much more difficult. Employers in 2019, 2020 and beyond are...
The Job Market Outlook
The economy may not be making headlines, but that doesn’t mean it’s not at the forefront of most job seekers’ minds as they send out resumes, schedule job interviews and hope for good news. Though it seems that there is...
Today’s Job Search: In With the Old and the New
Job postings are riddled with skills and qualities that are necessary for filling a role and getting a job done. More and more, they are littered with adjectives like “experienced”, “fresh”, and “innovative” and ask for...
Is Employment Abroad a Better Option?
Last night, I traveled the globe— meeting people from China, Mexico, Great Britain, and more. It made me want to fly away and take jobs abroad, experiencing different cultures and employment not available in the U.S. I...
- 10 Questions Recruiters Love to Ask (and How to Answer Them)
- Top Tools for Boosting Your Online Profile to Land Your Dream Job
- Recorded Video Interview Tips: How to Make Your Submission Stand Out
- How to Master the Remote Video Interview
- Everything You Need to Know About One-Way Video Interviews
- Everything You Need to Know About Live Video Interviews
- Why Companies Use Video Interviews
- 6 Habits of Highly Productive People You Should Possess
- 4 Reasons to Consider Company Culture in Your Job Search