A new infographic from Mint.com shows how your commute is impacting your pocketbook. Mint used it’s vast database of financial data to figure out how much people spend on gas per month by city. They even drilled down into highest and lowest amount spent per transaction. Here are the top five most costly cities to commute in:
1. San Jose, CA – $216 per month
2. Birmingham, AL – $212 per month
3. Jacksonville, FL – $203 per month
4. Phoenix, AZ – $202 per month
5. Charlotte, NC – $195 per month
The national average is $177 per month with an average of 6 fill ups and $32 per transaction.